Mervin Beil Diary
Ensign Beil served with Intrepid on VBF-10. The diary covers the sinking of the Yamato, and March 18th near miss, as well as the April 16th kamikaze attack.
- Majority of material found within February 20 – May 4, 1945
- Beil, Mervin (Historic Owner, Person)
This diary was a scan and return to Mr. Beil's daughter, Bonnie Shane. Full TIFF scans of each page can be found in TMS Media.
- Air Group 10 -- VBF-10
- Battle of Leyte Gulf, October 23–26, 1944
- Battle of Okinawa, April 1 – June 22, 1945 -- Kamikaze Strike, April 16, 1945
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Other Documents -- Book -- Journal -- Diary
- Raids on Japanese Home Islands, March 1945 -- Kamikaze Near-Miss, March 18, 1945
- USS Intrepid (CV/CVA/CVS-11) (Vessel)
- Jennifer Milani
- June 8, 2016
- Description rules