Robert Lynn Papers
Documents in this collection include a letter from Lynn to his wife and two VFP-62 newsletters, from November 22, 1958 and February 1959.
- Majority of material found within November 17, 1958–February 1959
- Lynn, Robert (Historic Owner, Person)
In November 1958, Lynn was flying his F9F-8P Photo Cougar off the coast of Barbados. The aircraft suffered a complete system failure and cockpit fire. The resulting ejection and rescue of Lynn by a local banana boat crew is documented in the letter and a squadron newsletter.
- Abandonment -- Bailout -- Ejection
- Accidents -- Aviation Accidents -- Crash Landings
- Aircraft -- Cougar -- F9F
- Barbados (nation) -- Barbados (island)
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Other Documents -- Correspondence -- Letter
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Other Documents -- Serial -- Newsletter
- Rescues -- Sea Rescues
- USS Intrepid (CV/CVA/CVS-11) (Vessel)
- Katherine Meyers
- August 11, 2015
- Description rules