George Griffith, Jr. Papers
The papers concern George Griffith Jr. and his death in an operational flight accident. On October 28, 1944, his aircraft experienced engine failure on takeoff, fell into the ocean and was run over by the ship. Destroyers searched for him, but nothing was found.
- Majority of material found within October 29, 1944–February 21, 1945
- Griffith, George A., Jr. (Historic Owner, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Due to the sensitive nature of this collection, the digital scans of the archive are not published. For more information about this collection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accidents -- Aviation Accidents
- Air Group 18 -- VF-18
- Aircraft -- Hellcat
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Other Documents -- Correspondence -- Letter
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Other Documents -- Correspondence -- Telegram
- Life(Biology) -- Death
- USS Intrepid (CV/CVA/CVS-11) (Vessel)
- Katherine Meyers
- April 2, 2015
- Description rules