Harold Lawrence Zieg Papers
Harold Lawrence Zieg served aboard the aircraft carrier USS Intrepid (CV-11) starting from July 1944 as a seaman second class (radarman) and was training to be a radarman. He was promoted to seaman first class in late September, and radarman third class on November 14. After the November 25, 1944 kamikaze attack, he was listed as "Missing in Action after Japanese Aircraft exploded on Flight Deck."
- Majority of material found within June 26, 1944 – July 5, 1948
- Zieg, Harold Lawrence (Historic Owner, Person)
19 (digital) Files
This was a scan and return donation and is only available digitally.
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Other Documents -- Clipping -- Clipping, Newspaper
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Other Documents -- Correspondence -- Letter
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Other Documents -- Correspondence -- Telegram
- Communication Artifacts -- Personal Symbols -- Personal Identification -- Card, Identification
- Strikes against Luzon, October 29, 1944 -- Kamikaze Strikes, November 25, 1944
- USS Intrepid (CV/CVA/CVS-11) (Vessel)
- Jennifer Milani
- July 2, 2018
- Description rules