Rodger Jones Papers
The Rodger Jones papers date from 1944 to 1953 and are divided into the following six series: writings, correspondence, service records, History of Air Group 18, ephemera, and magazines. Writings, correspondence, and service records document Jones’s time MIA in the Philippines and his interactions with Filipino friends, including members of the Hakbalahap guerilla movement. Correspondence also covers pilot N.J. “Rocky” Roccaforte’s death. Ephemera includes membership cards.
- November 7, 1944–1953
- Jones, Rodger (Historic Owner, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Service records containing personally identifiable information are restricted.
Objects removed to the Object Collection. Article about Jones and his hideout in Luzon Hills, "LUZON HILLS A HIDEOUT," scanned.
- Accidents -- Aviation Accidents
- Air Group 18 -- VF-18
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Government Records -- Record, Executive -- Record, Military
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Literary Works -- Memoir
- Communication Artifacts -- Documentary Artifacts -- Other Documents -- Correspondence -- Letter
- Personnel -- Missing In Action
- Philippines (nation) -- Luzon (island)
- USS Intrepid (CV/CVA/CVS-11) (Vessel)
- World War II, December 1941–September 1945
- Katherine Meyers
- March 30, 2011
- Description rules